Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

My Family last Thanksgiving-
l to r-me, Dan, my dad, brother Joe, nephew PJ, sil Melissa (my mom took the picture!)



Deadlines are looming--I'm busy, busy, busy . . . furnaces die, but yet life is goes on!

I'm tired as all get out tonight as I got very little sleep last night, but tonight we will go to our Thanksgiving Eve service at church and remember to be thankful for all we have been given in this life.

The classic thanksgiving song comes to mind tonight

Count Your Blessings
Johnson Oatman, Jr.

When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost

Count your many blessings, name them one by on
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?

Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?

Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly

And you will be singing as the days go by.


So, amid the conflict whether great or small

Do not be discouraged, God is over all

Count you many blessings, angels will attend
Help and comfort give you to your journey's end.


Count your blessings, name them one by one

Count your blessings, see what God hath done

Count your blessings, name the one by one

Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.

Ahhhh . . . I needed that ;o)

1 comment:

Sorka said...

I love that song!! THanks!
Denise
knitchat.com