Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year!

We spent New Year's Eve at a friends house and had a lot of fun. We got to see a Wii in use which was fun and we played Apples to Apples with our friends and a tweenage girl. We were able to laugh a lot, spend time with people we don't see very often, and even use the 4 wheel drive to get one of the party goers out of the ditch (the driveway is kind of a killer sometimes and it was very icy this year).

New Years Day we slept late and watched a couple of movies and yesterday we moved our water heater to a different spot so that we will be able to put our new furnace in sometime in the next week or two. (It involved redoing plumbing and electrical stuff as well as using a floor jack and balancing a big water heater on a strip of metal). Soon we will have to redo duct work. Fun, fun, fun!

Yesterday and today I am succumbing to a nasty sinus infection and am having trouble thinking much. If I haven't made much sense so far, sorry.

In a weak moment I took a little quiz and here are the results . . .

Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...

You Are a Doris!

mm.doris_.jpg



I've always felt a bit like Doris Day I guess. I am a bit naive sometimes, but I stay that way purposefully. I'd rather look at life with love than with scepticism.

1 comment:

jenny kaye said...

There's too many cynical people in the world anyway! I should know...I'm one of them...:) Thanks for the comment on the new site! It's good to hear from you, and I hope you guys are enjoying the winter! We FINALLY got some snow, so I'll post some pictures soon of that! :) Take care!