Saturday, May 14, 2011

Making stuff


This past week nature has been making things more beautiful around here (though today is rainy and chilly again).  I have been loving the evening light as it glows over the flowers that are blooming in the yard!

 



Last night I made up a quick project using scraps of bulky and worsted weight yarn on size 13 double pointed needles.  Soooo . . . I've been making stuff, too!


This is the Scrappy Gnome Hat made for a brand new baby named Henry who has a baby shower next Saturday--I made this while watching the final episode of Smallville (and an extra hour to hour and a half--a very fast project!)  As I do not have a child, Oscar, the gorilla, kindly stepped in to model--he wasn't too excited about it, but he didn't get a whole lot of say!  I just love this silly hat!

Have a great rest of your weekend!

No comments: