Friday, August 03, 2007

Eye Camel Friday (and a Barney)



Ummm . . . here is a not-so-crisp-and-sharp-picture of Oliver the Camel with some of the newest artwork here at the gallery. (I'll have to get a better picture some other time). He is posing with a beautiful hammered copper bowl and wood sculpture.

I'm still progressing on the Myrtle Leaf Shawl. As of last count, I have 24 of 40 repeats finished, so I am over halfway done with the main center portion. I still have to add the willow border, but it is not an extremely wide border, so I don't think it will take me forever-ly long (ha, ha, ha---famous last words) I have used up one skein of the Misti Alpaca Lace (well, the cat used up a bunch of the skein while it was sitting at home and also ate away some of my first start (before you start to worry-the cat did not actually eat the yarn, but he did rip it up-okay actually there is reason to worry-I have a cat the likes to rip up yarn)

Speaking of that cat (ah, the Barney) and yarn. He has a little section of a sweater that he enjoys carrying around the house. (It was a piece of a baby sweater that I never really finished that I had made a mistake on) He treats it like it is his own little baby-carrying it around the house in his mouth, meowing at it, purring and setting it down next to him (he sometimes does this with really soft skeins of yarn as well-thus, the torn lace)

(Barney with yarn child)

BTW-have you SEEN the Cinnabar Pullover by Kate Gilbert in the latest Interweave Knits? Gorgeous, gorgeous----I must have it-(if I can ever get around to making it that is)

No comments: