Friday, March 16, 2007

Myrtle Leaf Shawl

Okay, long ago and far away (a couple of weeks ago) I showed you pictures of the Myrtle Leaf shawl that I wanted to knit and said that I was getting the yarn and all that. Well, the shawl got started (I told you that, too), but then, as you may have noticed, no knitting content!!!!!! What happened you say . . . well, I got done with two repeats of the pattern and it was fun, but life gets in the way of knitting and sometimes (you may be shocked to hear this) it can be nice to do absolutely nothing during your free time. I needed absolutely nothing to be happening for a while (although I did start a simple scarf from the vintage knitting book I have).

The scarf I started is the one in the picture above here-except its blue

The life that got in the way was putting together a youth concert at our local performing arts center for my church. The concert (with Carpenter's Tools and Elizabeth Hunnicutt performing) was on Wednesday and was a success, but I don't know if I will ever again agree to be the contact person for things again. (ie: I should know more about sound equipment and all. I did work in my college's auditorium and set up for concerts and things, but I was always the underling who got told what to do and when to do it) Anyway, I won't go on and on about that now, but I do have something you would like to see.
Very early progress on the Myrtle Leaf Shawl!!!


Here is Rebecca Modeling the first two repeats!!!!


You can't quite see the leaves yet, but they'll show up better when it gets blocked

I have a long way to go yet and I had hoped to wear it in Israel, but that won't be happening. I will just have to accept it, but some glorious day I will have this . . .


No comments: