Friday, March 23, 2007

We're leaving on a jet plane

Well, tomorrow afternoon we leave for Israel. I guess I am nervous/excited/hopeful all at the same time. I'm the kind of person that worries about getting to the plane on time and doing all that kind of stuff. (Once, when I was younger and about to fly to Romania all by myself, I accidentally left my plane ticket at home. Thankfully I had my passport and we were able to get a replacement ticket, but now I think about that happening all the time) We are mostly all packed and the house is just about clean, so we're just about ready. Dan's never been on a plane before and I haven't been on a plane in about 6 or 7 years. (That seems sooo crazy because used to travel somewhere practically every year. I've even been able to take free flights because of the flight mileage I've gotten) Anyway, we're looking forward to it and hope that everything goes well.

For your amusement, I put together a little photo montage of one of our cats. So here's Norman being himself.


l to r: top: Norman asleep on the living room floor, Norman and Dan in matching "coats"
bottom: Norman asleep under the chair, Norman asleep on the couch (don't worry he's still alive)

We get no end of amusement from our fun pets. From the looks of it Norman sleeps a lot-he does, but sometimes he gets this giant amount of energy that sends him racing from room to room, up the top of the chair and down. He sometimes gets so crazy he starts fighting with himself. He'll sit down on the floor and act like he's going to wash his back feet, but instead he starts kicking is own chin and growls and bites at his feet. The more he does to himself the more mad he gets at himself. We try to tell him that he is beating himself up, but he won't listen. At first, we thought this was just kittenish behavior, but he continues to do it even now that he is four years old.

Well, I hope that your next week is great (I hope mine is too). Hope you enjoyed the random information.

No comments: