Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I'm Back

Well, we got back Monday morning from Israel. We were soooooo tired and it is nice to be back. Yesterday I caught up on all of the blogging I had missed. You guys are all so much fun and I like to read what you have to say. I'm not always the best with words (good thing I didn't stay and ESL education major in college and moved onto art instead) and reading everyone else's blogs always makes me want to describe my life better and all that, but that probably won't happen ;o)

My Stetson Man

Today I was reading archives from while I was gone of Pioneer Woman (thanks D for linking to her a while back-I love her blog) and at the end of one of her posts she asked whose mind you would pick to read for 24 hours if you had the chance. I thought about it and right away my husbands mind came to mind. I don't know if you guys have the same kind of thought, but my wonderful Dan is not that verbal. (I am, if you couldn't guess) It's something I love about him and some times I wish that I could stop blabbing on and on about nothing and be more quiet and all.

I wonder things like-why did he ever like me? am i waaaaay to weird? does my pestering about what he's thinking bother him? (well, I know the answer to that-YES!) and much, much more.

All I know is that we had fun on our trip to Israel because we were together. It would have been miserable if one of us had just gone on our own. (oh, is wasn't that bad or anything-once I have pics ready I'll show you. It just didn't start out very well) Our flight was to leave on the 24th a little after 5 pm, but our flight got cancelled because we had no flight crew. Well, we ended up leaving Minneapolis on a different flight a little after 7 instead and missed our connecting flight to Israel by 11 minutes (arghhh, if our 2nd flight from Minneapolis had actually been on time, we would have caught the connection) We got booked onto another flight to Israel that left Newark at 4 in the afternoon the next day. Thankfully, Northwest had to put us up in a hotel and pay for our meals while we were delayed as the situation was entirely their fault, but it was still not fun. I called our emergency contact in Tel Aviv to tell them what happened, so that we would be able to be picked up by someone at the right time. That got all worked out (thank goodness). So anyway we arrived in Tel Aviv a little before 10 am on Monday morning (rather than 3:30 Sunday afternoon) and a taxi brought us to meet our group that had already started the tour a little earlier that morning. We started right in touring and finally got to rest at the hotel later that night.

Like I say-I am so thankful that we were together. I don't know how I could have handled it all if Dan hadn't of been there. I dealt with the details and he dealt with me ;0)

In knitting news (if you're still reading at this point), I did very little on the trip. Oh, yes I had lots of time, but my brain was fried. I made one mini sweater. Yep-that's all. Oh, and I think I am going to rip out the beginning of the myrtle leaf shawl. Somewhere on the trip a big section of the lace slipped off the needles and I have no clue where to start to fix that, so I'll just start over (I only had three repeats done out of forty). This time I'll use metal needles instead-I just can't get the hang of those wood ones. It all goes so slow with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back! Whose mind would I choose, if I could...hmmm, I am thinking Elizabeth Zimmerman.

Although I would love to know what my quiet man thinks, I know that it is probably something to do with wood and tools, hehehe.

Sorka said...

Yer welcome!
Perhaps that Marlboro man sandwich would get those men talkin?? Well at least it might get them to vocalize!I would want to read my son's mind.. see what in the world is going on in there!
D