Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm Still Here!

I've had a busy and sleep inducing week. I've seen a lot of people have been having icy and snowy weather-we've been coooold and sunny with no snow. I'm getting a bit worried for our farmers (which, I guess, includes me and my husband). We had a droughtish thing here last fall and then it rained for a while in September and October, but then we haven't had much moisture since then. I would say that we have only had about 7-9 total inches of snow so far this year. (I might be wrong by a few inches) We normally have at least 3 times that amount-I think. I have an idea our ground is going to look really dry come spring. I don't know what farmers around here will do because almost no one has any irrigation equipment because we usually have plenty of rain and snow to get us by. Well, I guess we will just have to hope for some fairly large amounts of rain this spring. Okay, so there was my local weather report for all of you-wasn't it exciting?

On the knitting end of things-I got my yarn in the mail and have been working on the Myrtle Leaf Shawl!!!! I have only finished a couple of repeats, but I am pretty excited about it. (38 repeats and a border to go!) I am a bit of a slow knitter. Especially because I am knitting it on bamboo needles. Now I am normally a metal lover and I would like to be knitting with metal with lace, but since Dan and I will be going to Israel at the end of March and I am not positive if I will be done before we go on the plane, I figure that I should be sure that on an overseas trip, I don't get my needles taken away. I could just switch to the bamboo needles when we go over there, but I am afraid that my gauge will be way off.



I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures of the shawl yet, but my dad has his digital camera with him right now, so I will leave you with a pretty picture I took last fall. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you some rain during the Spring for a healthy planting season.

Why are you going to Israel? Pleasure? It sounds interesting...it is an interesting place from what I see on tv :).