Friday, January 12, 2007

I Have Comments!!!!!

Hi, there people!
This is so exciting I have people who have commented and everything and all that. Thank you guys soooo much much coming over and seeing me!
Okay, I thought I would start by showing you all something on the needles at this very moment. The metal at the top of the picture is a foot from one of my dad's sculptures that is in the front of the gallery. If you want to see a picture of the whole sculpture, you can find the info at www.wildestudios.com.

This is a hat I am working on. I am kind of figuring out a pattern as I go, so I am hoping it will fit me when it gets done. We shall see.....it is a bit of this and that being put together. The little ruffles along the edges are from a baby bonnet in a Learn to Knit book from the 40's or 50's that was my grandmother's and I figured out gauge by looking at one of Ann Budd's books with all sorts of basic start out kind of patterns in it. I'm making it with size 3 metal double pointed needles-no idea what kind specifically-another of my grandmother's things. Oh, the yarn I am using is Rowan 4-ply soft in (I believe) shade 384. It's a pretty lilac-y, light purple-y color.
Here's a little ruffle detail and such. I'm not sure how it will look on me totally yet-maybe just a little too girly-girl, but I'm a girl and it just might work anyway. If it doesn't, we have a coffee shop in town that sells handknitted items and other craftiness.
I thought I would end the day by showing you a little funny something.
That blob in the middle is our puppy (our 1 and 1/2 year old puppy), Dakota hauling hay. My husband had a big square bail of hay that he had been feeding the horses with and she thought it looked like fun. Of course, what would be really helpful is if she would actually bring the hay to the horses rather than walking away from them, but she can only do so much!
Hope it gives you a little laugh. See you Monday!

No comments: