Monday, January 22, 2007

A new FO!

Well, I finished that purple-y/lilac-y hat with the ruffles. I've tried it on and it isn't exactly my style, but I think that it would suit others well. Maybe a college student or someone like that would like it. It probably would have suited me my freshman year of college. This picture does not do the hat justice, but I didn't have time to set it up really nice, so I just scanned it in the scanner.

Yarn: Rowan 4-ply soft 1 and 1/4 balls of (I believe this is the real number of the shade, but I forget numbers easily) shade 378
Needles: Metal dpns Size 3
Pattern: My own (that I might not ever remember) based on gauge found in Ann Budd's book and a ruffle from a vintage learn to knit book's baby bonnet. (You probably don't want me to try and remember how I finally got this sucker off of the needles because it wasn't real pretty. I had something in mind that didn't quite work, but maybe if I had done something else at a way earlier time it could have worked)

Anyway, I think the hat is really cute. It could probably fit a kid in late elementary school or middle school and be cute as well. Oh well, I think I will put it in the bag to be sold at the Hutchinson Arts and Crafts Festival.
Yesterday, I was looking at the yarn for the mittens and being puzzled, but it is definite now that the yarn would be far too thick to make a nice anemoi mitten. Now, I have to think of a good pattern maybe I should look in my Elizabeth Zimmerman book about patterns for a year. I think that there is a nice mitten pattern in it, but I can't remember.
Anyway, in my confusion I started another tiny sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts out of some extra cotton Sugar 'n Cream. I'll probably finish it tonight.

No comments: